Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th March 2017, 08:51 PM
pupoje Offline

linuxfedorachrome
How to assign button to mouse, and how to enable two finger scrolling on touchpad

Hello

Can someone please tell me how to assign some function from Fedora to middle button on the mouse.
For example I would like to assign function that shows all running application (like super key) to middle button of the mouse.

Also two finger scrolling doesnt work. How to enable it.

I'm on Fedora 25 with Wayland, and my hardware is Asus t300 chi convertible. (Keyboard and mouse are connected with bluetooth).

Fedora 25 is actually running very well on this system, but it would be better if i could solve this few things.

Systemsettings for mouse and touchpad in Fedora 25 is somehow thin. In Linux Mint for example, are more options available there.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English
Old 8th March 2017, 07:32 PM
chambers3000 Offline

windows_7chrome
Exclamation Libinput Two Finger Scroll with Wayland

Greetings Fellow Fedora users,

I am having issues with Fedora 25 enabling two finger scrolling on my touchpad. libinput-devices properly detects my touchpad and does list two finger scrolling however I have not found how to turn this on. My mouse settings does not have this option and is pretty basic. I can only open the test area and switch to right handed or toggle natural scrolling. Does anyone have any specific information on this issue. I would like to either put this to bed an accept that for the time being there will be no two finger scrolling or else find a fix. There are a few folks around the web with the same question although it has not been resolved.
Old 8th March 2017, 07:38 PM
chambers3000 Offline

windows_7chrome
Re: How to assign button to mouse, and how to enable two finger scrolling on touchpad

Having the same issue. Have a similar thread in hardware. Please cross post so we dont have too many people re-asking this once it is solved.

http://www.forums.fedoraforum.org/sh...d.php?t=313532
Old 17th March 2017, 04:29 PM
tim8723 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Libinput Two Finger Scroll with Wayland

I found that it does not work exactly the same way on Linux that it does on a Macbook Pro, and that it does work on Linux if I hold my two fingers an inch or so apart. YMMV, of course.

Tim

Tags
assign, button, enable, finger, libinput, mouse, scroll, scrolling, touchpad, wayland