Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th November 2015, 12:25 PM
Przemas Offline

linuxchrome
Looking for calendar app (again)

Ok, so it looks MS has just killed Sunrise Calendar (grrrr...), so again I'm scouting for good calendar app for Linux.
Must have - good (working, both read and create) google integration. Good to have - support for other calendars (Basecamp for example).
Have you come across something that might work?
In the past I've tried California and quite liked its interface , but sadly at that time google integration didn't work (don't know whether it has been fixed) and it hadn't support for other platforms. In general at that time I haven't found anything that worked even closely well to Sunrise Calendar for Chrome (which I could use as an app).
Old 5th November 2015, 01:30 PM
lsatenstein Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Looking for calendar app (again)

I would use the google calendar. I just found that it worked, and I got my reminder alerts on time.

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840
Old 5th November 2015, 04:03 PM
flyingdutchman Online

macosfirefox

Well, if you want good Google integration, then you answered your own question already.
Old 5th November 2015, 04:30 PM
nonamedotc Offline
Mithrandir

windows_7firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemas View Post
Must have - good (working, both read and create) google integration. Good to have - support for other calendars (Basecamp for example).
Thunderbird Lightning - with Google Calendar addon. I was using it till three or four months back.

The Linux Documentation Project | Fedora Documentation
Old 6th November 2015, 12:13 AM
Przemas Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman View Post
Well, if you want good Google integration, then you answered your own question already.
nope :P - as I want separate app and possibly link with other calendars (preferably Basecamp). Sunrise was a good option (and still is, but as it is going down pretty soon may turn useless). Not perfect due to being chrome extension, but still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamedotc View Post
Thunderbird Lightning - with Google Calendar addon. I was using it till three or four months back.
tried that option - but somehow it does not work for me. Integrating calendar into email app may be handy at times, but when you really need something to manage your time email stands in your way and makes the whole thing convoluted.

ANyone tried new Gnome Calendar and/or California? Did they solve sync with google issues already? Do they support other calendars as well (sadly gnome pages leave a lot to be desired when it comes to info).
Old 6th November 2015, 01:47 AM
lsatenstein Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I tried both calendar software, and did not adopt either.

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Tags
app, calendar