Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th July 2016, 05:57 PM
biuro74 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Which software to recognize signal ?

Hello,

I've got simple USB 2.0 USB capture device which I'd like to use to recognioze unknown signal. Signal is coming from Tyros keyboard service menu... usually Tyros gives signal to its TVOut socket in PAL/NTSC format, but once entered to FirmwareInstallMenu any device connected to TVOut socket (PAL TV, LCD TV, USB 2.0 capture) loses synchro. Probably Tyros' firmware enables PAL/NTSC at some stage, which doesn't include FWInstall menu. I've got broken internal LCD, it's why I try this.

So question is: how to recognize this signal I'm receiving and how to display it properly ? Any software capable to do some "full scan" ?

Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 09:13 PM
stevea

linuxcroschrome
Re: Which software to recognize signal ?

Your question is very unclear.

The TyrosKB seems to be a music device which has both USB inputs to the KB, and also the KB can connect to a computer via a USB slave interface labelled 'host'.

'signal' has a very specific meaning in Linux, and I expect this is NOT what you are referring to.

If you want to see the usb devices on Fedora, the commandis
lsusb
and you can add -v -vv -vvv options as needed. Also the 'dmesg' command may help.

If you want to scan all USB activity then 'wireshark' is your pal.

If you need more help, please describe 'signal' 'unknown signal' .... in more detail.
Old 26th July 2016, 05:23 AM
biuro74 Offline

windows_7firefox

It's the context, mate I mean VIDEO OUT signal (as I wrote, because built-in LCD is broken).
Old 30th July 2016, 01:48 AM
stevea

linuxcroschrome

Like ?
gst-typefind /dev/video1

there are lots of vid display apps - gstreamer, totem, xine, ...
Old 30th July 2016, 12:04 PM
biuro74 Offline

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
Like ?
gst-typefind /dev/video1

there are lots of vid display apps - gstreamer, totem, xine, ...
LOL, mate, I'm not after video display software, don't find me such a fool who can't find simple display program.
I look for program that can *recognize* correct signal, parameters of which are unknown for me. I've checked already and it's not any version of PAL, nor NTSC. As I wrote - external screen loses synchro (and yes, there's a proper display data send, hardware is not broken). I have no multisync (not multiscan) monitor - like that ones popular when Amiga was alive to check it.. nowadays LCD TVs are just multiscans.

Please read carefully my posts before you answer. Thank you. In the meanwhile I will try this gst command line, maybe it helps.
Old 29th August 2016, 02:19 AM
stevea

linuxcroschrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by biuro74 View Post
LOL, mate, I'm not after video display software, don't find me such a fool who can't find simple display program.
I'm not your mate, and your posts nothing but confused thinking. 'signal' has a Linux meaning and it is not what you are referring to. A broken LCD display has no clear relationship for vid-encodings. Your title says you want help recognizing a 'signal' and the initial statement is you want to use a USB2 capture device to recognize 'signals' - totally irrelevant and very misleading - no ?

Quote:
I look for program that can *recognize* correct signal, parameters of which are unknown for me. I've checked already and it's not any version of PAL, nor NTSC. As I wrote - external screen loses synchro (and yes, there's a proper display data send, hardware is not broken). I have no multisync (not multiscan) monitor - like that ones popular when Amiga was alive to check it.. nowadays LCD TVs are just multiscans.

Please read carefully my posts before you answer. Thank you. In the meanwhile I will try this gst command line, maybe it helps.
Yeah I did eventually accurately parse your confused blather and gst-typefind is one front-end to the tool you should use. There are other gst* tools that will help refine the result.

Please write more carefully if you want an answer that addresses your issue.
Old 29th August 2016, 08:49 PM
lsatenstein Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

The actual c code may be found with man7.org

Linux man pages online

The links from this page display HTML renderings of the man pages from the Linux man-pages project as well as a curated collection of pages from various other free software projects.

List of all man pages: by section | alphabetically | by project

Individual sections (page names only): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Intro pages: intro(1), intro(2), intro(3), intro(4), intro(5), intro(6), intro(7), intro(8)

Can't find the page you want? Propose it for inclusion in this set.

Changelog of the man-pages project

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Tags
recognize, signal, software